Digital tools that help to introduce automation in our everyday tasks have been available for quite some time. However, there’s still much terra incognita on this issue, such as how to utilize all the tools efficiently.
Also, how well you know these tools and how to handle them impacts job efficiency significantly, especially when working remotely. Let’s take a look at what’s ahead in 2021, and how to continue to succeed in whatever you do.
Why Automation Will Grow in 2021
- The post-COVID world and automation will go hand in hand. Turning to AI and digital tools was already a trend before 2020, but of course, the restraints of human interaction that the pandemic engendered has boosted the need for ways to keep working as it was, but to minimize contacts at the same time. We can safely assume that increasing automation was already the norm, but circumstances have accelerated it, and we must now keep pace with it.
- It reduces time and costs. Businesses have had to tighten budgets and look for ways to keep development at the planned pace. And to do it with the same teams (or even fewer people). This is why automation and digital tools have come to the fore. For example, with the help of HR digital tool VCV, the platform’s users managed to save 17 years of their time in 2020.
- It helps to stay up-to-date. In other words, to stay competitive. It’s not only effective to be a digital-savvy company, but it also improves your brand in the eyes of clients. While innovative technology is not new for anyone the way you use them that’s crucial these days.
The Top Automation Strategies for 2021
- Simplify, divide and rule. Or take care of digital adoption. The more multi-stage your working process is, the bigger the urge to automate routine tasks. We all say no to complexity and welcome simplicity. However, it might have drawbacks if you use too many tools and have to handle all at the same time; then it becomes complex again. Don’t forget about integrations and turn to digital adoption strategies: learn how to use your tools most effectively.
- Integrations. There’s hardly a company nowadays that doesn’t use, or uses only one, digital tool in everyday work. At some point, these cross-platform automated workflows might become a burden. The solution is in integration. For instance, if your HR managers are using several tools for different purposes, find out if providers offer integration so that your team will be able to work in one window, smoothly and, thus, more efficiently. It’s a great step to becoming a fully digital integrated company.
- Building your own “systems”. If your company offers digital services, make sure you’re open to any type of customization, because that’s what will be great demand. Any client should be able to build and grow their own “systems” on the basis of your product, while it’s better you offer a ready-to-go network of pre-built templates and solutions. Give clients a solid foundation, allow them to be free to build their own systems in whatever sphere they work.
Whether you’re a company that offers digital tools, or one that uses them in everyday work, it’s important to always keep in mind that automation is an integral part of any company and the next steps are digital adoption, integration and customization.
This is a guest blog from Tanya Sleptsova.