Change is never easy. Moreover, it is unique to every organization. That is the reason Change Management is still a mystery wherein many businesses suffer a lot to find a feasible solution for a successful transition.
Many companies started leveraging Change Management models, tools, and software to make a successful organizational transformation. But, unfortunately, they don’t accomplish their goal.
There are many options out there in the market when it comes to Change management Tools and organizations struggle with making the right choice. The selection of wrong tools or software will result in a loss of time and money.
In this blog, we are going to discuss the best techniques and the top Change Management tools that pave the way for a successful transition.
Before diving into the Change Management tools, let’s pause and consider the top Change Management techniques that are followed for a successful organizational transition.
Added to these techniques, companies use - Interviews, Focus groups, Organizational surveys, Brainstorming, Trainers plan, and readiness assessment for successful transformation.
1. Flowcharts/ Process Maps
Flowcharting is a simple Change Management technique to visualize any process in an organization. The flowchart helps to simplify a complex process and it is the best way to understand what is changing in an organization.
Points to remember:
- Map out all the organizational process clearly
- Continuously look for places of improvements
- Brainstorm for new & innovative solutions and add it to the flowchart
- Empathize with all members of the organization
- Every individual must have the chance to raise their views
2. Culture Mapping
Each organization’s culture and people are unique. It is the responsibility of every employee to understand the company culture for an effective transformation program. Culture mapping helps to discover information that is crucial to your transformation initiative.
Points to remember:
- You must be fully aware of the organizational culture
- Know your organization’s values, norms, concepts, and practices
- Keep an eye on the biggest hurdle to transition
3. Metrics & data collection
Collecting the right information and data can be intimidating but these are the essential factors for successful organizational transformation. Meaningful and accurate data must be collected and exhibited using a metric design that is easy to read.
Metrics and data collection must include four things namely
- Cycle time – the average time from start to end
- Range of cycle time – the shortest and the longest cycle time
- Throughput – total number of units that flows through the process for a given period
- Errors – the percentage of units that requires rework
Note: Avoid unnecessary information that leads to inconvenience and loss of momentum.
4. Force Field Analysis
Force field analysis or Barriers and Aids analysis help to find and analyze forces that are for and against the organizational transformation implementation. In other words, it helps to identify the forces that drive (aids) transformation and those that hinder it (barriers)
Points to remember:
- Define your plan for transformation - have a clear goal
- Brainstorm and identify all kinds of force that helps you move forward
- Always driving forces need to be strengthened or the resisting forces weakened
Note: Deciphering what is real and what is made up is tedious. So, you must confirm the force field analysis with data from focus groups, surveys, or interviews.
5. Project plan
You might think this is obvious. But having a feasible & clear project plan is very critical for any organization. Since a transformation initiative involves several people of different hierarchies working in many areas it is essential to have a project plan.
A perfect project plan serves as a structured framework that shows,
- Where to begin?
- What is your end-goal?
- Where you have certain flexibility?
- Which boundaries you must not cross?
6. Stakeholder Analysis
Stakeholder analysis is essential to find three major things:
- Who your project’s stakeholders are?
- Why the project is important to them?
- What matters to them the most?
To find these things you must need to categorize stakeholders based on geography, recognized bodies, income groups, land ownership, occupation, legal requirements, etc.
How to use Stakeholder analysis?
Identify and prioritize your stakeholders. Then, you must do a stakeholder mapping. It is a template that lets you rank the stakeholder influence and support in quantifiable measures. This helps you to easily categorize them.
7. Gantt chart
The change initiatives consist of many tasks, and for a successful transformation, you must complete these tasks on schedule. Gantt charts are useful to visualize and track the tasks scheduled over a period.
A Gantt chart helps to visualize the overall status of that project.
With the Gantt chart, you can:
- Produce an exact timescale for the project
- Break down the structure of the project
- Compare your team members work with each other
- Schedule work on a day-to-day basis
- Map a large project with thousands of tasks
- Quickly monitor the progress of the tasks
So, we have discussed the top 7 cost-effective techniques that many companies use to achieve successful transformation. In addition to these techniques, you can leverage some Change Management tools or software to speed up the process and to meet your organizational goals.
For an effective and successful organizational change, you need tools for:
- Training (Including remote onboarding & training)
- Customer success management
- Employee engagement
- Employee productivity
- Change Management
Leverage Apty, a versatile Digital Adoption Tool that meets all the business needs sited above. Apty is the highest rated Digital Adoption Platform that helps companies to manage any changes associated with Digital Transformation.
Apty is a Modern DAP solution that understands any web-based application to provide valuable insights to the organization and in-app guidance to the end-user.
Apty introduced the term DAP cycle to the digital adoption world.
- Analyze software usage – Before creating walkthroughs Apty analyzes the current usage of the software.
- Get clear insights – Apty identifies the place of employee hiccups and gets insights on where & who needs assistance.
- Personalized content – Create walkthroughs that address the pain points of your employees. These interactive personalized walkthroughs make your employees learn quickly and happily.
- Improve user adoption – Employee engagement is the key to increase the adoption rate. Personalized content makes your employees complete their tasks faster and increase the software adoption rate.
Apty reduces employee resistance to change and helps companies to implement the latest digital tools. Apty empowers on-screen learning and identifies the place where the users are getting stuck and need assistance.
Once the pain points are identified, you can go ahead and create interactive walkthroughs to address employee needs.
Key benefits of Apty:
- Boosts employee productivity
- No coding required to create walkthroughs
- Analyze usage
- Step-by-step on-screen guidance
- Automate mundane tasks
- Saves time and money
- Faster training & onboarding
- Instant support within the application
- Minimize the time taken for software adoption
- Customizable walkthroughs
- Track & monitor employee activities
- Usage analysis & Cost management
Note: Apty offers a free trial and a free demo. Sign up for pricing details.
Freshservice is a cloud-based Change Management tool that allows you to streamline the process from planning to rollout. It provides customizable software and helps in automating the tasks.
It provides solutions for:
- Asset management
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Project management
- Task management
- Release management
Freshservice is a powerful software with a user-friendly interface that enhances organizational transformation. Freshservice’s target customers include:
- E-commerce companies
- Financial and educational institutions
- Software companies
- Human resource firms
- Government organizations
Advantages of Freshservice:
- Analyze and mitigate risks
- Handles support tickets
- Identifies the root cause of any problems
- Minimizes redundancy and manual efforts
- Automates repetitive workflows
- Control approvals on-the-go
- Improves future planning
- Supports mobile application both Android and iOS
Note: Free trial available for 21 days
Pricing (per agent per year)
Perfect for small teams
Ideal for growing teams
Best value for large teams
Made for enterprises
3. Remedy Management 9
Remedy 9 by BMC software is a cloud-based Change Management tool that combines an IT director, a service desk manager, a service delivery manager, and a change manager into one suite.
This innovative IT Service Management (ITSM) software identifies uncertainty and potential risks when dealing with organizational transformation.
Remedy 9 gives solutions for,
- Incident & Problem Management
- Proactive Service Resolution
- Knowledge Management
- Multi-Cloud Service Management
- Smart Reporting
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Digital Workplace
- Asset Management
- Configuration Management
- Service Request Management
- Service Level Management
- Live chat for quick problem resolution
- Collision detection and impact analysis
- On-premise implementation
- Mobile self-service application
- Mobile application (Android & iOS)
- Facilitate the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) complaint process
- Provides a customizable dashboard
- Data-driven insights
Note: Free trial available. Sign up BMC Remedy Change Management 9 to know about product pricing.
ChangeGear is an enterprise-level ITIL-based Change Management software that allows you to plan your organizational Change Management strategies. It uses advanced automation and controls to manage your transformation process in one simple interface.
ChangeGear is a centralized solution with:
- Customizable dashboards
- Powerful automation
- Ad-hoc reporting
- Multi-modal workflows
ChangeGear has solutions for multiple roles including IT, DevOps, and business.
- Provides you complete visibility and allows you to track changes
- Customize controls
- Improves the communication between your teams
- Browser-based repository
- Easily identify the conflicts
- Increases efficiency of automation
- Reduce risk by creating a central repository
- Plenty of third-party integrations capabilities
Note: Live demo available. Sign up for pricing details.
Gensuite Change Management Software will simplify the Management of Change (MOC) process by managing processes, compliance, and risks for transformation. It creates a standardized process for identifying and implementing the need for organizational-wide transformation.
Gensuite, the self-configurable platform, is designed to track and manage risks as operational, equipment and people-related changes occur.
Functions Gensuite serve:
- EHS & Sustainability
- Responsible sourcing
- Product Stewardship
- Regulated asset & equipment management
- Action item tracking with real-time status
- Integrations with Gensuite applications
- Enables the identification, tracking and documenting of risks
- Engages stakeholders in process stages to process validation
- Automatic communication and status updates
- Creation of MOC checklist content online
- Identifies issues using data mining and reporting
- Flexible, mobile-friendly & self-configurable platform
Note: Free trial available. Sign up Gensuite for pricing details.
Viima is a collaboration Change Management software that allows you to gather ideas from employees, stakeholders, and customers all in one place. Viima is a smart idea management platform for collecting, analyzing, and prioritizing ideas.
- Cultivate an implementation plan
- Establish important metrics to track
- Analyze and monitor each progress
- Develop insights into working ideas
- Idea challenges that encourage employees to come up with innovative solutions
- Built-in discussions for team collaboration
- Easy categorization and automatic notifications
- Improves customer satisfaction by reducing bottlenecks
- Functional, dynamic, mobile-friendly and flexible platform
- The low point of cost and minimal barriers to entry
- Help individuals and remote teams stay connected
- Suitable for small, medium, and large enterprises
- Encourages employee participation and promotes transparency
- Automated idea scoring to help prioritize initiatives
- Share ideas and reply to comments on the go.
Note: Viima starts free for up to 50 users. Pricing is $3/user/month.
Giva is a cloud-based IT help desk and a Change Management software offering,
- asset management
- user satisfaction surveys
- knowledge management
- service desk
- a self-service portal
-at a cost-effective pricing model.
Giva’s dashboards allow organizations to measure
- employee productivity
- employee responsiveness
- user satisfaction by creating a feedback loop.
Advantages of Giva:
- Easy customization without any coding
- Highly customizable solution with automated workflows
- Convert emails into tickets without any manual input
- Customizable fields, options, and screens
- File attachments can be stored and linked to transformation records
- Increases user satisfaction
- Cross-functional reporting features
- Trend analysis reporting
Note: Free 30-day trial available. The Premium version of Giva starts at $29/user/month.
Howspace is a socially-driven Change Management tool for learning both management and organizational transformations. This AI-powered platform lets your team members collaborate, post their ideas, and interact with one another throughout the transformation process.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface for creating custom workspaces
- Creates a place for conversation and improves social learning
- Ability to share materials in text, photo or video form
- Easily monitor participants’ progress
- AI-powered analytics helps to quickly analyze entire discussions
- Effortlessly identify key topics or frequent concerns
- Behavior-triggered notifications
- Automatics documentation
- One-click login
- Create sustained engagement
- Built-in feedback gathering facility
- Social connectivity and co-creation
Note: Free trial available. Howspace starts at € 195 ($218.73)/ month.
9. SolarWinds Web Help Desk
In the transformation process, keeping a track of a huge number of tickets is always challenging. SolarWinds Web Help Desk is a ticketing Change Management software designed to perform various operations using a single console.
The solution provides a suite of software to measure the impacts of organizational transformation. The suite includes software solutions such as:
- Asset Management Software
- Software Asset Management
- Incident Management
- Ticketing Management
- Help Desk Reporting
- Service Request Management
- Remote Support Integration
- Provides a facility to select the required approver to the end-users
- Automates ticket approval communication process
- Reduces the chances of errors and tickets from getting lost
- Approve or deny a request easily
- Auto-assign service requests facility
- Setting reminders for pending approvals
- Resolve employee requests, tickets, and queries in real-time
Note: A free 14-day trial is available. The pricing solely depends on the number of users.
10. The Change Shop
It is a cloud-based application that primarily focuses on collaborative feedback, data collecting, and surveys to evaluate the readiness of your team.
The four principles,
- Give voice to your team
- Compare results
- Team engagement
- Use data
Being launched in 2018, it is a suite of six Change Management tools namely:
- Change leader
- Change simulator
These are designed to manage your organizational transformation.
Before implementing transformation, leverage Change Shop to create 'what-if' scenarios and identify potential risk factors and negative impacts tailored to your organization.
- Access to case studies of different organizations (have gone through similar transformation)
- Minimize your employee resistance to transformation
- Get real-time feedback from your employees
- Easily navigate through commitment plans
- Helps in the decision-making process
- Automatically collects the data and provides in-depth reports
- Manage organizational transformation easily
- Transforms the collated information into user readable reports
Note: A free demo is available.
Users (team members)
2500 to 10000
These are the top 10 tools that help in effective Change Management. If you feel that we have missed out any important tools, feel free to reach out to us.
Handling employee resistance to change is the biggest impediment for many organizations. Apty permits hassle-free employee training & onboarding without making them read lengthy manuals, attend boring lectures, and tiresome seminars.
Apty provides on-screen learning and improves employee engagement thereby minimizing their resistance to change.